Senior Project Manager
(Manage Large Scale Projects) Responsible for project success and day-to-day project execution. Coordinates project life cycle tasks from definition through post implementation. Responsible for project scope definition and change control management. Ensures creation, identification, prioritization and sign off of business requirements. Assures project planning and financial monitoring – coordination of cost estimates; resource planning and management, identification of and securing of resources. Decides on methodology for modifications, conversion and implementation. Facilitates project communication including risks, issues and deviations from plan. Confirms achievement of objectives, verifies and documents project results to formalize acceptance by the sponsor. Coordinates production, post implementation tasks, and project review/“lessons learned”. Ensures proper transition to production support team and impacted business areas. Projects may be more business or IT focused.
Ability to create project plans within MS Project
Display strong leadership skills
Able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Meet with business unit representatives to define and evaluate business automation needs. Interpret business specifications to prepare for analysis/design functions.
- Assists with developing project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or changes to existing ones.
- Estimates project staffing requirements. May be responsible to estimate resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, etc.
- Plans and performs the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end-results on complex problems under the direction of the Team Leader or the Application Manager
- Performs code, design, and test plan reviews for peers.
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
- Coordinate testing and debugging for programming changes and assist subordinates with debugging, whenever necessary.
- Gain extensive working knowledge of business data and user functions. Share knowledge and train others.
College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field preferred. A minimum of 6 years experience in software application development and maintenance required with web development experience which includes:
- Visual Basic, ASP, COM+ experience preferred.
- Foundation in web services and their use within the .NET framework.
- Good written and oral communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units. Works independently and with management on high visible, divisional/cross-divisional complex projects. Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems. Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate. Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility. Individual typically has at least 8+ yrs. of related experience
Recognized as subject matter expert in business analysis field. Has responsibility for instructing, directing, and checking the work of other Business Analysts. Formulate and define business and/or systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of industry requirements. Devise or modify procedures to solve highly complex problems considering limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Provide analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business and/or system requirements. Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. Act as a team leader for complex projects.